Thursday, December 29, 2005





Three photos from down in Kandahar. Firstly, from the archives, a picture of a pot taken from Kandahar and now on display in the British Museum, London. Secondly Ismaray Khan (his first name means 'lion' in Pashtu) who cooked for me and stayed with me most of the time while my host was out working. Really kind and genuine guy. I'll miss his company and jokes. On my last night in Kandahar we watched a favourite film of mine together, The Family Man, as I explained in half-Farsi half-Pashtu what was going on. Good times. Third photo is a usual evening meal. Big slabs of traditional Afghan bread, always a pleasure, as well as a plate of cucumber/tomatoes and mint leaves. Then some cooked vegetables in a sauce. Not super typical as an Afghan meal, but it's what I normally have down south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home